Benefit's Top tips for happiness
…to help unleash the inner beauty within you.
On days when your face is appearing a bit blotchy and uneven, there’s nothing like a good foundation to make you look and feel better. So it seems entirely fitting that Benefit Cosmetics has called their new foundation Hello Happy. As Lisa Potter-Dixon, Head Make Up Artist and Brow Expert at Benefit Cosmetics, says: ‘we believe that make-up should be fun and putting it on should bring a smile to your face!’
But because happiness is in itself the greatest beautifier, Benefit is also working with happiness expert Laura Jane Williams to encourage everyone to awaken their inner happiness and, in Laura Jane’s words, ‘unleash your inner beauty’.
One of Laura Jane’s favourite quotes is by children’s author, the late Roald Dahl, who says ‘good thoughts shine out of your face like sunbeams’. We love that too.
On Saturday 29th June at 2pm, Laura Jane will be hosting a happiness workshop at Benefit Cosmetics Hello Happy House, at The White Space, 5 Great Newport St, London WC2H 7JB. It’s first come, first served; so roll up, sign in and turn on to happiness!
For all our readers who can’t be there, Laura Jane Williams and Lisa Potter-Dixon have given us their favourite tips.
• Do something you enjoy just because! Go for a walk in the sun, do a dance class, meet a friend for a juice, book tickets for something you want to see, buy yourself a bunch of flowers….
• Allow yourself to play. Forget about being a grown-up. Be silly. Be foolish. Lark around. Make a daisy chain. Build a sandcastle. Play Scrabble, charades, tiddly winks...
• Think of something funny and charming and allow yourself to giggle, chuckle, laugh uncontrollably. Feel your shoulders go down and your body relax as stress flies out of your body – and away from your face.
• Be enthusiastic and optimistic about your life and what you’re doing. Sure it may go wrong – that’s life. But just as likely it will turn out well. So, in the words of the song, ‘you’ve got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative and don't mess with Mister In-Between’. Try singing it right now this moment!
• Finally, just treasure yourself –because you are ALREADY ENOUGH.
And now - tips from Lisa Potter-Dixon on how to apply Hello Happy foundation...
• Hello Happy foundation contains SPF so always shake the bottle first before applying to activate the SPF.
• Hello Happy is a soft blur foundation, which contains optical blur spheres that help to give an airbrushed, flawless finish to your skin. Essentially, it helps to give the best version of your skin!
• Hello Happy can be applied with any tool, be that clean fingers, a brush or a beauty blender. I prefer to use a damp beauty blender and bounce it along the skin to achieve a truly flawless finish.
• To achieve the best results for coverage always start applying Hello Happy from the centre of your face and blend outwards to avoid any build-up in the hair line.
• Hello Happy is a light to medium coverage foundation but this is nothing to be afraid of as you can always pair this with a heavier concealer in areas where you feel you need more coverage.
£25.50 - buy here