Take the stress out of Christmas
However much we love the festive season, most of us feel a tad frazzled. Practising mindfulness in any form (eg, yoga) always helps. Here are our other tips for reducing festive-season stress. ● Have a protein-filled breakfast. Eggs are perfect.
● Eat every two to three hours to keep your blood sugar steady – three meals and two snacks a day.
● Keep a little tin of almonds in your bag for on-the-go boosts.
● Don’t dry out. Sip still water or herbal teas throughout the day.
● Wind down in a warm bath with aromatherapy oils. Try Neom Organics Perfect Night’s Sleep Bath & Shower Drops (£40/neomorganics.com).
● Rest your brain with needlework. My favourite book this year is Kaffe Fassett’s Bold Blooms by Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy (Abrams Books/£21.99*) with ideas for embroidery, tapestry, knitting, beading and much more.