A better way to spend your coffee break...
Return to Glory is a wellbeing company offering in-office massages as well as mobile beauty services. (Oooh, that's got us excited.) They've over 6,000 repeat clients in the London area - but if you can't access their services, they've a couple of great tips for making good use of a work break - and it sure beats the ups and rollercoaster downs of a coffee.
Start with this exercise...
1. Take your left hand and have your fingers in and your thumb up.
2. Then take your right hand and put all of your fingers in except your little finger.
3. You will now have your left thumb up and your right little finger out. Got it?
4. Now switch the roles of your hands, putting your right thumb up and your left pinkie out. Sounds easy enough?
5. Now let’s try doing it faster! It’s more difficult now but, with practice, you will soon be able to do this without even trying and you will begin to notice that your brain is more focused and you are able to get back to work.
This is harder than it looks but a real 'mind break' because it's impossible to concentrate on anything else. Then reward yourself with...
A mindful moment
In this exercise, you simply eat a piece of fruit. The catch is, you have to do it very slowly. This will teach your mind to focus better on the task at hand and this technique will transfer over into your productivity when your break is over.
Though frankly, the massages are sounding good to us - starting at just £89 for 90 minutes, which can be split between different team members for (say) a 10-minute Indian Head Massage or reflexology treatment.